I stumbled across this website this morning. Eldis is part of the Institute of Development Studies in Sussex, England, and “aims to share the best in development, policy, practice and research.” There are over 18,000 documents free to download from it’s website, and they are organized into over 20 subjects. (I will be visiting health systems often.)
“The aim of Eldis is to:
* support the documentation, exchange and use of evidence-based development knowledge
* communicate this knowledge effectively through a range of appropriately designed services, using the Internet (web and email) as the main communication medium for delivery
* reach audiences of researchers, development practitioners and policy formers at national and international levels
* play a role in the processes of evidence-based policy formation
* provide this information and services free of charge at point of use”
Looks like a great resource!